OHSAS 18001 Certification in South Africa is found to be the most prominent certification for a company or organization to follow and set up a effective health and safety management system. South Africa is officially called as Republic of South Africa is located in southern Africa. South Africa is a multi-ethnic society encompassing a wide variety of cultures, languages, and religions. Country has a mixed economy. South Africa is a very good tourist attraction and consistent economy comes from tourism for the country. Many other giant countries are helping South Africa to develop and investors are coming up to open up the free market in the country. The country is aimed to stop brain drain from the country and started operations by establishing industries and companies. OHSAS 18001 in South Africa is the now time to adapt by any organization to ensure employee’s health and safety and at the same time to aid for compliance.
About OHSAS 18001
OHSAS 18001 – Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series which is colloquially called as OH&SMS which is Occupational health and safety management system is an international standard. OHSAS 18001 certification consultant in South Africa can better implement the standard for your organization. It establishes a framework for an organisation to set up an effective health and safety management system. Hazard identification a different Risk management are the philosophy of the standard
Implementation guide on OHSAS 18001 Certification in South Africa:
- Define an OH&S policy: Very first important step to start with is defining Occupational health and safety policy pertaining to the organization. Policy should be high level and defined by the top management. OHSAS 18001 consultant in Cape Town is the right source. It should be communicated among the employees, interested parties, stakeholders and all other interested parties of the organization. OHSAS 18001 consultant service in South Africa can provide training on the standard. Commitment of top management is very important to successfully implement the standard and achieve continual improvement. Defining the policy should be appropriate to identify hazards and associated safety risk.
- Establishing system for risk management: Having said that the philosophy of the standard is Risk management a well established risk management us required to identify risks and developing corrective actions to mitigate the risk and reducing the accidents in work area. OHSAS 18001 certification audit in Johannesburg will help with the same.
- Legislative and regulatory requirements identification: It is again another to get certified with OHSAS 18001 to get immunity from legal obligations. OHSAS 18001 audit in Cape Town will make sure that your organisation is complied with the legal requirements It is very important to identify any applicable regulatory and statutory requirements. Implementation of the standard involves the process of getting away from legal obligations and aids in complying with all the legal compliances.
- Defining Objectives: If at all a process of any organization needs to be streamlined, then there should be some driving factor. Setting up objectives will help organization to get the job done at the stipulated time frame. OHSAS 18001 audit service in Durban will ensure to achieve the objectives set by an organization.
- Implementation of the standard: This is where the real aspect of implementing the standard starts. After setting up objectives, policies and identifying legal requirements the organization is ready to implement and adapt a strong Health and safety management system. The cost of OHSAS 18001 certification in South Africa is worth investing considering its benefits of implementation. Implementation of the standard should be the responsibility of the whole organization. While along the implementation process it is very important to check whether the system developed are operating according to the standard requirement by frequently reviewing the system and modify if any changes required.
- Measure, monitor and control the system: It is the last but not the least step implementation of the standard successfully. It is not a one day wonder to set up all the requirements and back off. A regular check should be done by measuring and monitoring the system to ensure Continual improvement. OHSAS 18001 certification bodies in South Africa can help your organization certified. The process involves regular internal audit, analysis, checking for non-conformance’s, preventive measures and also corrective actions if required.
These are the key steps in implementing the sound Occupational health and safety management system into your organization. Cost of OHSAS 18001 Certification in South Africa is worth investing. Standard can fetch an organization with huge benefits by following the requirements and reviewing the process as and when required. Any organization can really achieve Continual improvement by adapting the standard.
Our Advice, Go for it!
If you are wondering how to get OHSAS 18001 Certification in South Africa You can immediately contact Certvalue without any hesitation considering your implementation is already half the way done. Certvalue is a one stop solution for certification, consultation and audit service. OHSAS 18001 registration in South Africa is an easy task with the help of Certvalue. You can easily reach Certvalue by simply visiting www.certvalue.com where you can chat with an expert or you can also write an enquiry to email@example.com so that so that one of our expert shall contact you at the earliest to provide best possible solution available in the market.