ISO 27001 Certification in Nigeria is one of the most sought after standard these to make information security more stronger by the organization. Nigeria belongs to the west Africa. It is often referred to as the Giant of Africa, owing it its large population and economy. It is the seventh most populous country in the world and 20th largest economy in the world. It is classified as mixed economy emerging market. From only exporting it’s natural resources and raw materials growth of industrial sectors and organizations have made some remarkable changes by manufacturing and exporting the ready goods. Nation in abundant in natural resources. Oil, overseas remittances, Service based organizations, mining, manufacturing are the major source of GDP. ISO 27001 audit in Nigeria is a must and should standard certification to secure information as well as assets of the organization.
What is ISO?
ISO is International organization for standardization is an independent, non-governmental, non-profit organization. It is located in Geneva, Switzerland. ISO has developed and published 21000+ standards till date helping organizations and public sectors all over the globe to face challenges and find solutions that arises everyday in one or the other ways. Around 168 national countries are member bodies of ISO. It is most accepted international standard setting body.
What standard is all about?
Anything in this world today is made available in a single place called Internet. Technology is drastically evolving day by day with new faces. Of course the nation and the world are highly benefited by the improvement. But it is also true that it has its own disadvantages. It is the Internet through which threats are arising in every walk of life. ISO 27001 certification audit in Lagos is a solution to reduce all the problems related to security breach. Information security breach, cyber attack, malware, phishing, password attack are more common with the advancement of technology which are grown parallel. ISO has came up with a solution in 2005 by publishing an ISO 27001 is a one stop solution for all the security issues of information assets pertaining to any organization. ISO 27001 provides a framework for any organization to set up an effective Information security management system. ISO 27001 certification consultant in Nigeria can better implement the standard. It was drafted and developed by intellectuals from the joint technical Committee of ISO and IEC. ISO 27001 shows a path in establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining and improving an information security management system. ISO 27001 consultant in Ibadan is the right choice. Standard not only speaks about information security relating to information technology but also about physical security. ISO 27001 is based on risk management. ISO 27001 consultant service in Nigeria is a source to help with risk management. Identifying the risk and applying appropriate controls of ISO 27001 from Annexure A is the orderly procedure to avoid any sort of information security breach. ISO 27001 consists of 114 controls as stated in Annexe A. ISO 27001 consulting service in Kano can help in applying the appropriate controls. It is Principle part of the standard where an organisation can apply the controls as a preventive approach to mitigate the risks.
Basic steps in implementing ISO 27001:
- Defining security policy and procedures
- Setting up roles and responsibilities to achieve objectives of the organization as a whole
- ISO 27001 in Nigeria can help defining the scope of the ISMS which is underrated but the very important aspect of implementing the standard
- Conduct a risk management which includes risk assessment and risk treatment which is the fundamental philosophy of ISO 27001 standard.
- Manage identified risks with the help of addressing it with proper control
- ISO 27001 Certification bodies in Nigeria helps in Select controls from AnnexureA of ISO 27001 to mitigate the risks and implement the standard
- Documentation of statement of applicability (SOA) which is a master list
These are the basic simple steps to be carried out for successful implementation of the standard to safeguard information assets of the company.
Benefits of ISO 27001 Certification in Nigeria:
- Establishes framework for an organization to set up an effective Information security management system
- Systematic management of information and asset preventing security breach
- ISO 27001 audit service in Benin city helps maintaining Confidentiality, integrity and availability of the critical information
- Handling sensitive and Critical information, data and assets of the organization
- Setting up a brand value in the market
- Increased credibility and recognition of the organization towards information security management
- Cost of ISO 27001 in Nigeria increases customer confidence
- Building trustworthy relationship with the customers, employees, vendors, suppliers, stakeholders and all other interested parties of the organization
- Good Competitive advantage in the marketplace
Advantages of the standard cannot stop any organization and its top management choosing ISO 27001 standard for their organization. ISO 27001 certification cost in Nigeria is worth the investment because It can also be used as a good marketing tool which again a cost cutting factor by saving expenses due to advertising and marketing.
How to get ISO 27001 Certification in Nigeria?
If you are wondering how to get ISO 27001 certification in Nigeria It is no doubt that Certvalue as a leading global organization providing consultation, certification and audit services with consultants having expertise in different domains and industrial sectors. ISO 27001 registration in Nigeria can be achieved in simple steps if an organization get to choose Certvalue. You can easily reach Certvalue by simply visiting www.certvalue.com where you can chat with an expert or you can also write an enquiry to email@example.com so that one of our expert shall contact you at the earliest to provide best possible solution available in the market.