Looking towards its history Singapore is a young nation but then a developed phase with the city full of leaning skyscrapers. Singapore enjoys a highly developed and successful free-market economy, a remarkably open and corruption-free business environment, stable prices and one of the highest per capital gross domestic products in the world. Exports, particularly in electronics and chemicals, and services provide the main source of revenue for the economy. This is the reason why people look for CE Mark certification in Singapore to export their products especially electronic products to the European and other market across the world in order to stabilize the business. Following points can briefly explain about CE Mark:
- CE mark is a certification mark which is intendedto indicates conformity with health, safety, and environmental protection standards for products sold within the European Economic Area (EEA).
- CE Mark is a product certification mark for any product to enter European Economic area or European market.
- Europe is the only country which demands the product to have a CE Mark affixed on the product to enter into the European market.
- CE Mark requirements refer to the safety and not the quality of the product.
- The CE marking legislation has harmonized the product requirements throughout Europe, which means the product affixed with CE mark by the manufacturer can enter into the market of member countries of the European Union without any restrictions.
- The product with CE Mark doesn’t mean that it is produced in the Europe.
- CE Mark affixed to the product is not an approval from any body or authority, but it is a sole responsibility of the manufacturer wherein sometimes it is required to hire a designated third party or the consultant of CE Mark certification in Singapore to assess the activities of conformity assessment.
- Machinery, electronic and electrical equipment, Medical devices, Toys, personal protective equipment are some of the examples which requires CE Mark to enter European Economic area.
The very important aspect to be taken care by manufacturer during the CE Mark process is Declaration of compliance to the product manufactured saying the product meets all the safety legislation requirements in order to avoid any sort of penalties and penalization. It is often not a complicated process to declare the compliance, but one should knowledgeable and know about Product Directives. It is nothing but essential requirements or harmonized Standards to which the product bearing CE Mark should conform. Different type of products has different Product Directives. It is again a manufacturer responsibility to choose appropriate Directive to the type of product being manufactured. A project manager or CE Mark consultant in Singapore with a knowledgeable source can help. Having said that it is the sole responsibility of a manufacturer to conform all the legislative requirements of community harmonized legislation which is nothing but a documented paper consisting of safety standards and other related aspects set by European Committee for standardization. And also it should be taken care that the product being manufactured and exported with CE Mark should abide by the rules and meet standards set by European Committee for standardization. CEN and CENELEC are some of the examples of European Committee for standardization.
Let us see what are the rules and regulation that has to be followed in case of CE mark certification in Singapore and this responsibility of the CE mark lies within the people or the manufacturer who put their products on the market of European conformity that is European conformity is based on manufacturer, importer or the distributor of the product that is made outside the European countries or an European base office for an non uniform manufacturer. The manufacturer of the product of affixes the CE mark to it but has to take certain obligatory steps before the product can bear the CE mark on their product, the manufacturer’s must carry out the conformity of a system, set up a technical file and should make an agreement with stipulated by leading a legislation for the product and even the documentation also has to be made for authorities on request.
The importers of the product has to verify that the manufacturers outside the European countries has met with all the necessary steps and have taken all the necessary actions that is required for the documentation process and the importers also should make sure that the contact with the manufacturers can always be established in order to know where they are interrelated. And the distributors must be able to demonstrate to all the authorities that they are acted with due care and they have affirmation for the manufacturer or the importer that the necessary measures have been taken so that it will be very helpful in order to take the CE mark certification in Singapore as it would have met all these rules and regulations it will be easy to carry on the process.
If the importers or the distributors market their products under their own name they take over the manufacturers responsibility, in this case they should be having a sufficient information on the design and the production of the product as it is considered as a legal responsibility when they are going to affix the CE mark on their product, so the manufacture should be responsible for manufacturing of his product and if there is any problem related to his offset production he’s the one who should take up the responsibility.And this will be guided by CE mark consultants in Singapore like what are their roles and responsibility of the manufacturer or importer or any distributor that were involved in the product.
let us see the certain rules that are underlying the procedure to affix the CE mark Certification in Singapore:
- The products which are subjected to certain European directive or regulation should be provided CE marking and that has to be affixed with CE marking before they are placed in the market.
- The manufacturers have to take the sole responsibility on their products which European legislation need to apply for the products and the CE mark certification in Singapore helps to adapt all this.
- The product may be placed on the market only if it complies with the all provisions directives and regulations.
- IF CE marking is affixed on a product on a product it can bear an additional marking only if they are on a different significance and they don’t overlap with CE marking and do not impair the legibility and visibility of the CE marking.
Advantages of CE Mark certification in Singapore:
- The very basic advantage is product bearing CE Mark can enter the European Economic Area without any restrictions unless and until the product meets the legislative requirements.
- It adds credibility and image to your company.
- It increases the customer’s trust upon the company or product being manufactured by the company.
- It doesn’t allow the manufacturer to produce or market a product which surpass the safety standards.
- It increases the brand value of the product or company itself.
- It is no chaos for a customer before buying a safer product and reduces the risk using a product not being safe anymore for a human welfare.
- CE Mark not only has access to enter the market of Europe but acts as good marketing tool to export and sell the product anywhere across the globe.
- It gives good edge over its competitors.
Above listed points not only describes the advantages but also the return of investment it could bring to your business without any doubt. Many industries and companies invest a huge amount of monetary fund and a huge budget is allocated only for advertising and marketing. And it is not guaranteed that investing on marketing media can really fetch return of investment. But whereas the Cost of CE Mark certification in Singapore is reasonable and affordable since, the return of investment in promising and early. The ever growing market is rich in its competition and it is required to update on a daily basis to be competent in the market and continually improve the business of your organization. It is better make a wise solicit decision today and be on the safer side ever winning the market.
Our advice, Go for it!
If you are wondering how to get CE Mark certificate in Singapore? I might say Certvalue which is a global leader in providing consultation, certification, audit and other related services. Certvalue is excel in the world with its consultants having expertise in different market sectors. You can easily reach Certvalue by simply visiting www.certvalue.com where you can chat with an expert or you can also write an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org So that one of our experts shall contact you at the earliest in order to assist you with a best solution.